Organization: Centre for Supporting Green Development-GreenHub
Project Title: Engaging stakeholders in coastal clean ups campaign for
sustainable marine ecosystem in Ha Long city
1. Increase awareness and understanding of the value of marine ecosystems and the impact of
marine debris for 1000 local people though collection and analysis of data gathered in coastal
clean-ups on waste types and volume can help inform and develop effective programs to combat
2. Promote clean up actions and other initiatives in good practices and behaviors change to protect
ecosystem and reuse, reduce on marine debris for 50 volunteers from local people and
government agencies, contributing to the sustainable development of tourism in Ha Long bay,
youth, tourism company as agent of change for this process and initiatives for marine debris.
3. Develop partnership among GreenHub, tourism company (Bhaya Group) and IUCN for exchange
information, knowledge sharing among Voluntary expert’s network and other stakeholders.
Duration: 2016/11/01 - 2017/6/30
Location / Area: Ha Long Bay, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province, VIETNAM
Target Group, Beneficiareis:
50 volunteers from students, youths and government agencies, involve directly in to the clean-ups campaign in Ha Long city.
1000 local people and public receiving information about project, impact of marine debris, and marine ecosystem protection.
20 experts from Vietnamese oceanographic association network (including IUCN) and East Asian Network maintain information exchange and facilitate initiatives,solutions of marine debris management in HaLong specific in Vietnam in general.
1. Increased awareness and understanding of the value of marine ecosystems and the impact of marine debris for 1000 local people in Ha Long Bay and 5000 public though communication material;
2. The collection and analysis of data from coastal clean-ups on waste types and volume can help inform and develop effective programs to combat pollution;
3. conducted clean ups actions and other initiatives in good practices and behaviors change to protect ecosystem and reuse, reduce on marine debris for 108 volunteers from local people and government agencies, contributing to the sustainable development of tourism in Ha Long Bay;
3. Developed partnership between GreenHub, tourism companies (Bhaya Group; Gray Line), Coca Cola and IUCN for information exchange and knowledge sharing;
4. establishment of OceanSaver Youth Network who will act as an agent for change and will continue to organize clean-ups events, data monitoring in Ha Long City and Ha Long Bay, and engage the community.
- Networking and sharing information on project progress, results and discussion on
solutions of marine litter pollution for Ha Long Bay
- Participate in International Workshop and share project results and solutions on marine
- Develop the youth network on marine litter for monitoring
Coll. Forest Sciences 1st Bldg #109 Kangwon National Univ. Chuncheon
Phone: 82-33-257-7129, 82-33-250-7368 / Fax: 82-33-257-7130 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Heon Young Kim COPYRIGHT ⓒ Product by INTER2000